Costas is one of the most experienced sailing yachts skippers in Greece.
He was born on the island of Hydra. He is married and has two daughters.
Costas started sailing at the age of 13 and is a professional skipper since 1989, on 50 to 65 feet mono-hulls and catamarans. He has sailed more than 200.000 nautical miles, and has been the Captain of Nova since she was launched in 2011.
Costas has all the training and experience to sail you safely. You are on board Nova to relax and enjoy a wonderful cruise, Costas is here to take care !
Costas knows the Greek islands and coasts like nobody else: idyllic remote bays, good fishing spots, nice harbours and their best restaurants and bars, interesting sites to visit, etc…. He has friends on many islands, and knows the key persons and facilities that will help make your cruise a success, on most of them.
Costas has a relaxed and outgoing personality, and adapts easily to new people. On board he is warm and discreet at the same time. His hobbies include sailing, scuba diving, fishing, water skiing, cooking, and models making.
He speaks fluent Greek, English and Italian.
- Captain class b diploma from Greek merchant marine academy of Aspropyrgos
- Officer in charge of a navigational watch
- Master of yachts of less than 500 GT
- RYA ocean yacht master UP TO 200 GT
- Power boat certificate
- Holder of Greek seaman’s book
- RO/RO passenger (a-v/1, a-v/2, a-v/3)
- SSO diploma (ship security officer)
- CSO diploma (company security officer)
- Risk assessment & risk management
- General operator diploma – GMDSS / Inmarsat/ ECDIS
- Offshore personal survival training course by USAF
- Small craft radar certificate
- First aid certificate
- Fire-fighting certificate
- RYA diesel engine maintenance
- CYA race management
- Certificate in incident investigation
- Certificate in chartering & brokering
- PADI diving open water license
- Lifeguard – rescue certificate
- Seminars in yachting for crew members
Extensive yacht maintenance experience